Many people want to start businesses but don't have the money. However many businesses, including some world wide ones, have been started by dedicated entrepreneurs with empty pockets. The trick is to specialize in a service or product that you're good at, you love to do, and then start growing one order at a time.
1) Car washing (portable) for office buildings
2) Computer assembling and repair.
3) Computer programming (Think Bill Gates)
4) Event planner (parties and events)
5) Freelance writing for media (Many people make $$$$ just blogging)
6) Gift baskets (One sale to start can become a Harry and David)
7) Handyman services (consider focusing on a specialty)
8) Hobbies can become businesses: cookies, decorated cake, etc.
9) Holiday decorating for homes and businesses.
10) House cleaning.
11) Photographer (weddings, parties or businesses)
12) Portable food cart (your own specialty)
13) Remodeling (specialized)
14) Resume/document writer.
15) Sports coach (tennis, basketball, baseball, etc.)
16) Teaching/tutoring: computer, musical instruments, languages, etc.(If you are good at something, never do it for free)
17) Website design and management.